Sammy and Daddy hiking

Sammy's form of hiking, otherwise known as riding but thinking you are leading the whole expedition

Sammy ultimate male-bonding with PA, which means sitting on a rock together somewhere in the mountains

Sporting his perfect tan (he had to work really hard at that one...) at the Gateway fountains, social mecca of toddlers



Miranda and her source of gleeful imagining, Katie
Yes Katie did get wetter than both kids combined (EXCEPTION: Sammy in the diaper area may have beat her. MAY HAVE.)



Ward Block Party, complete with amazing face painting

Not just the look but the ATTITUDE of a coy butterfly

The twins at the Block Party. Had to include two shots they are just so CUTE.


Snacking, as usual (ha ha) on a HUGE half-head of cabbage. So healthy. She didn't like it very much, if you were wondering, but she did ask if she could eat it. There are life parallels to that, you know.

Katie and G-MA helping the kids make a shirt for Daddy's 30th.


Fernando wearing a fish on his head because he's 30. What WILL he do at 40???!!!

Fernando and the kids running through aformentioned Gateway fountains at night in order to do something truly memorable at age 30. I will also do it at age 30. I expect the same from those of you who come after us.

It's hard to see, but the kids loved that part of the celebration even more than Fernando wearing a fish on his head, which, as you can imagine, they loved a lot. The moral of the summer is that stuff that kids love doing is also really fun for people pretending to be responsible parents.
5 comments:
Loved this post. Ahhh, sweet summer. Even if you insist on fleeting away, you always come back. Gleeful times with toddlers will return. For now, we turn to our basements and kitchen sinks for ways to bring happiness and joy through the chilly fall and winter hours. I would love a picture of Katie, more soaked than Miranda, splashing in your Mom's sink.
I LOVED this one! What cute pictures of your family. But where were you? Behind the camera, I suppose. (That's where I always am, too, although Todd professes to be the photographer.....I've yet to see it). Darling family!
It looks like a blast. Kudos to Fernando for the fountains and the fish hat. Where do you get a hat like that?
I was just going to ask you if you had a blog on facebook but then I saw the link. Yay! Where are you guys going to be for Thanksgiving? Can we come visit for a playdate? Fernando isn't 30.....wait a minute, that means I am close to 30 too. Crazy.
FERNANDO'S 30!!! Good Night!! I do not know what you're gonna do, Sharon. It seems you're just getting one out of diapers only to put one back in. Well you are a saint! A Pure and Driven SAINT!
Good luck with that! I mean...GOOD LUCK!
But for your end, you must have seen this coming...I mean, 30 doesn't just pop up on you...no. It DRAGS it's self along barely able to breathe, hocking and coughing the whole way...and you stayed. YOU STAYED! You could have snuck off in the night, but that was when he was 29...NOW...well no one leaves a person in such a feeble state...I mean, you could but what would people say...the whispers...the glances...the judgment. Oh, no. You best stay the course, yes...yes, you should have planned a head but here you are...But take comfort. Just a few moments left. Oh he'll live to be a hundred to be sure, but what kind of quality of life are we talking here? He's bound to have gray's sprouting atop that thicket of hair of his. He's bound to have started to ask where his keys are just a little more last week...and the time he forgot his pants...luckily it was only for elders quorum so he was not alone but...
Well if you need anything, ANYTHING do not hesitate to call...of course you'll have to get one of those phones with the big numbers...oh, Sharon. Bless you.
Bless. You.
~p
Post a Comment